Improving the health of the public by advancing the art and science of Orofacial Myology
We Pride Ourselves on Providing Quality Education & Research in Orofacial Myology
Our MembersOur membership is comprised of clinicians specializing in Dentistry, Dental Hygiene, and Speech and Language Pathology who have completed a minimum of a 28-hour introductory course beyond their respective degrees.
Our GoalIncreasing the awareness of orofacial myofunctional disorders and their impact, while ensuring access to quality clinical care clinicians skilled in the treatment of orofacial myofunctional disorders.
Our PriorityMaintaining the highest professional standards possible through the promotion of educational opportunities and administration of the certification process.
MISSION OF THE IAOM
To improve the health of the public by advancing the art and science of orofacial myology by means of:
1) Increasing the awareness of and ensuring access to quality primary health care for the treatment of orofacial myofunctional disorders
2) Maintaining the highest standards possible through promotion of educational opportunities and administration of the certification process
3) Increasing the body of knowledge through scientific research
4) Representing the interests of orofacial myologists
5) Promoting and encouraging interdisciplinary relationships with allied health professions
Years of Experience